Monday, October 23, 2006

"Her Spirit Runs Free"

Our mama bear left us early this morning. We were all with her when she died. Me, Rick, Jessica, Brett, Breanna, Ger, Grandma, Darleen, Maureen and Sylvia were by her side as she lept out of her body and into the light. Jim and Vivi were there in spirit. We were all able to lay with her and tell her how much we loved her, appreciated her, admired her. We all cried our eyes out and told her how much we'd miss her, what a hole she was leaving, but we also told her that we were all okay. Ava was sleeping peacefully in the next room.

My auntie Dar has spent the past month caring for her baby sister. It was an amazing gift to watch her tenderness towards my mom. At her most vulnerable, my mom was able to live out her final days in dignity, peace and comfort. Dar has been a wonderful, selfless support to us all and we appreciate her more than she'll ever know. My cousin Sylvia has also been here for the past several weeks, running to and fro and working her buns off keeping our family together. We are so grateful to them both.

My mom passed away exactly as she'd wanted to, surrounded by her adoring family.

I've spent almost every single day with my mom since I was born. She has been my best friend, my running partner, my teacher, my preacher, my heart. Words cannot express what a huge hole she is leaving in me, my brother and sisters, Rick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home